About this courseSkip Course Description
This course will allow you to better understand the world around you through utilising the anthropological lens. You will learn about the way in which anthropology as a discipline can shed new perspectives on current world issues, from indigeneity to migration and material culture.
We want to challenge you to reflect on your own perspective when thinking about these issues, how you see the world and how we all engage with difference and sameness on a daily basis.
We will interview notable anthropologists and follow some around the world and into their field to explore the issues, the people they work with and their place in the world.
What you'll learn
- The basic skills of the anthropological toolkit
- How to better understand cultural differences and sameness
- How to better engage in cultural comparison
- How to see the world from a range of perspectives and points of view
- How to understand key anthropological concepts and methods
- A knowledge and understanding of current world issues relating to identity, power and everyday life as experienced in a variety of places by a variety of people